- Five years as Executive Editor of a national magazine and its website.
- Fifteen years as a senior reporter and editor at two national publications.
- Thirty years writing for magazines and newspapers.
- Winner of multiple awards from business press associations.
- Author of two books.
- Former fellow at Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism.
- Executive Editor, Corporate Counsel magazine (2011-present): While working with a staff of five reporters and editing stories for both the national magazine and the daily website, have continued to write articles. Also edit all the contributed content written by experts.
- Senior reporter, Corporate Counsel and The American Lawyer (2005-2011): Wrote everything from quick-hit web pieces to magazine cover stories. The subjects ranged from light humor to hard-hitting investigations.
- Associate Editor/Staff reporter, The National Law Journal (2001-2005):
- Stringer for The New York Times and other publications.
- As a freelancer, have written for The New York Times, Newsday, The Wall Street Journal and other newspapers; and for magazines like McCall’s, Columbia Journalism Review and Dallas Life Magazine.
- Author of In Good Hands (Pay What It Costs Publishing, 2016) and The Battle and the Backlash: The Child Sexual Abuse War (Lexington Books, 1988).
Education and Awards
- American Society of Business Publications Editors Gold Award and Stephen
Barr Award in 2014 for best feature article; two Bronze Awards in 2016; Gold Award in 2008.
- Jesse H. Neal Award in 2014 for best feature article; finalist in 2011, 2009, 2007.
- Prudential Fellowship for Children and the News, Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism (1995).
- Fund for Investigative Journalism grants (1992, 1985).
- M.S. (and Sevellon Brown Award), Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, New York, N.Y.
- M.A.T. (in teaching English), Brown University, Providence, R.I.
- B.A. (English), Grinnell College, Grinnell, Iowa.